Sunday, January 24, 2010

a teeny, tiny update

Well I haven't blogged in awhile but mostly it's because I have been in a horrid funk and also because I just haven't have much to say! blech...I hate grouchiness but lately I am living between a state of grouchiness and extreme mood swings so well that's not a good blogging condition lol =)

I know some of it is due to the winter weather and horrid lack of sunshine, which is my aliment every winter...I need, no really NEED my sunshine for my brain to function properly...

The other reason is well because I am missing my old life...I'm trying to find a new one here but I still long for the days of friendship and support I had at Campbell. It's hard to muster the desire to meet new friends when I honestly feel like I have already met the best people alive...I KNOW that is wrong and I am enjoying making some new friends finally but I'm being honest...and that's my honest thoughts!

Another huge reason is because I hate indecision and the unknown and lately that is all my future is; the husbands indecision (which I can not blame him for) and the unknown of which choice we are going to make. I say we but really I am letting Rob make this choice and while that is the RIGHT thing to do...it's also the HARD thing to do!

Normally in the army we aren't given choices, we are told were to go and what to do and we make the best of that. We all complain about it and say we wish we could decide things for ourselves but I am here to tell you this is actually harder! Rob working for the post command sgt major has given us advantages (and just to clarify by advantages I mean he meets people and gets to see how things work on another level than he did before...he still works his ass off for everything he has....just wanted to add that considering "advantages" could sound like he's being given unfair promotions, or advancement in ways other people dont get...that's NOT what I meant!) that we never would have normally and therefore we now have to choose what we want to do next....several options are open but I am not at liberty to put that in a blogging forum currently due to well opsec and my husband will yell...lol ;)

He is making his decision by the end of the week so a blog with the details will be coming soon!

Also and just randomly I have 2 great new pieces of news!
The first is;
MY HARDWORKING HUSBAND MADE SGT!!! SGT BLANCHARD....it sounds incredible and it's beyond sexy ;) I'm so proud of him!


and my dad just got a new job and the fam is moving back to Rockford, IL...I am THRILLED! I adore Rockford and can't wait to someday live there myself again! I had a blast the 9 months I lived there, which is saying alot because my husband wasn't even with me. It just has everything you could want, plus it's close to MI and IN for family and Chicago my favorite place! So yehh it's the best!

ok wrapping this up! I have lots to do for the new week ahead! I promise to blog more...I do miss it ;)

*loves and hugs*

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that is AWESOME about Rob making rank!!! WOOT! :P

    Don't apologize or feel guilty for hating your new post. I know what you mean... some places feel like home, some do not. You were in Kentucky for so long though, and it was probably more difficult than normal to leave there since it was your first "real" post (notice I said "post" for you!).

    I haven't felt really truly at home in SC... ever. I've always had this funny feeling of "This is just temporary; we're leaving in a year or so." And I cannot wait to get the eff out of here... Virginia may not end up being better but it can't be worse lol.

    You better let me know as soon as you find out Rob's new assignment! Luvs!

    ReplyDelete