Sunday, November 8, 2009

It is what it is!

I can only be me. Simple statement right? Meaning seems clear at first glance, seems like an; "ok duh Lacey statement" but is it?

What I mean is that I can only be who I am at this moment! I can look back and see the Lacey of 15 is different from the Lacey of 18, and the Lacey of 18 is FAR different from the Lacey of 21...maybe not in all ways, I mean I still am passionate about protecting the rights of the unborn (that started at age 6) I am still loud and silly (that started at birth I believe), I am still a passoiante defender of my family and friends (that started at about 4 I am told)....there are some things like those examples, that haven't changed a bit, they just mature with me and in most cases if I was passionate about something then, I am more now!

I am almost 30 now and I have changed alot in this past year; I was given the best friends and re-united with some old good friends, I have developed family relationships in a deeper more meaningful I NEED these people ways. I was on my own for 14 months while my husband risked his life for this country and I had to learn that God is the ONLY one in control of all things! I have found that my value and worth in this life isn't based on what the world thinks, it's based on what God thinks of me and that I need to look up more when I don't know what to do!

I am writing all this to say that I have heard thru the grapevine that my "just a mom" piece hurt some feelings. I would like to apologize but I'm not fake and I don't lie so I can't. I can't say that no, I wasn't judging because I was judging in some ways!

I am passionate about the collapse of a way of life, I am passionate about being a mom and defending other moms in the work we do! And as far as judging goes, WE ALL DO IT! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you are mad at me for that piece and you are talking about it to others (which you are or how would I know?!?) then you are judging me. The difference is I am ok with that. Maybe by telling other people you will eventually reach someone who agrees with me but is too afraid to speak thinking she is alone!

I am me, I am a mother and a proud supporter of an "old fashioned" way of life... I say old fashioned with a smile because this country used to be a proud, noble country that others looked up too but in the past years we have become a demoralized, shameful country who others are passing rapidly! It scares me but it doesn't surprise me, when you take out a foundational support block (a mom) you make the whole structure more weak!

I am happy I have a husband who supports me, I am happy that we are a team each doing an important job in raising these children, and let there be no confusion there are days when I do run screaming from the house and he takes over so I can have a break!

I want to state for the record I understand that sometimes life REQUIRES moms to step out and work, sometimes life REQUIRES more money that one partner can make, even after making cuts of unnecessary items. I APPLAUD women who stand in this gap and do what's necessary to make their families run. Please hear me on this! I thought I made that clear in that piece but maybe I didn't so I will do it again!

But I am who I am, this is my blog were I lay my heart, my feelings, my insights on the line, read it or don't...but have the courage to speak to me instead of about me! I love my friends even though ones who I might not agree with, and I think if you don't know that about me, then you don't know me!


1 comment:

  1. Lacey you have never been just a mother to me everything you have said about your self I could see over the weekend in Chat. I got to know you better. Even thought I felt really odd getting in on the best friend 3 some you were the one I could for sure tell I need to have as a friend and on my side. You have never been and never will be " Just a mom" we are a lot more than that hey we are " daddy too". You forgot that part when daddy is away. Even though that is always hard. I love you and eerything that you are don't listen to who ever said that about you. They are probably envous of the person you are and wish they could be more like you. I know I do your the best don't settle for anything less. *hugs* Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete